kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: found this

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by ToddM on February 22, 2003 at 22:22:54:

In Reply to: Re: found this posted by Brandon Osborne on February 22, 2003 at 19:28:27:

Thank you again for your comments Brandon,
Taking the time to establish a proper cage environment is very important to me and I'll wait as long as I need to in order to make sure that the cage is properly set up before bringing home a green tree python. I bought a gorgeous baby GTP at a reptile show a couple years ago and it was a disaster. The baby turned out to be a fresh import, heavy parasite loads etc.. Unfortunately s/he didn't make it:( I don't want to go through that again. I have been looking not just at various cages, but also at various breeders of quality captive bred, captive born animals. Rob Worrel and Ophiological Services are a couple that I'm really looking at for now. Several others would've been good but they ship with Delta Dash and where I live Delta isn't accepted, I'd have to drive to the next state over in order to receive a Delta shipment which just isn't practical. If I have to wait several months, so be it, it'll be worth the wait.
Todd

:Todd, a piece of plexi-glass should work fine to cover the top, but chondros also need good air circulation. It's kinda tricky to understand, but once you get the hang of it, it's no big deal. Moderate humidity with fresh air circulation. As long as you have plenty of time to establish your setup, you'll do fine. Good luck and keep us posted.

:Brandon Osborne

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]