kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Green Tree Pythons + College

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by orthopode on February 14, 2003 at 15:31:15:

In Reply to: Re: Green Tree Pythons + College posted by ThaVille on February 14, 2003 at 12:51:27:

Another drawback that you need to consider is the temperature and humidity requirements. I know that a few people have their GTP in their bedroom. When you live in a cold and dry climate, you have to go extra length to be able to provide proper temperature and humidity. The room where I keep my snake very quickly turned into a dedicated snake room.The temperature is always 25 Centigrade and the humidity is always >50% in the room itself...I know that the people in Florida will laugh at me for saying this but this is well beyond my own comfort zone. I don't know where you live but consider this before changing the only room you live in into a tropical zone.
Beside that, I agree with the previous post, GTP should be a serious investment, 500$ is just for the snake (a green one)...by the time you get a decent enclosure, heating system, thermostat, thermometer, humidity gauges, substrate, cage furniture, disinfectant... you will have spent an additional 1000$.
If that does not scare you, check out some of the web pages on GTP, you'll find awesome information on their care and how awesome GTP can be...Some of those pages can be found at www.chondroweb.com but there are others as well.
Good luck

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]