kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Copulation Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by Brownflem on January 30, 2003 at 07:18:22:

I Decided to match up my female Aru with my male Sorong to mix the heartiness and girth of the aru with the brilliant coloration of the sorong and hopefully the docileness of both localities would make excellent offsprint. Great. Fine. Step one complete - they're doing it. For the past three days non stop they're doing it.

After three years of keeping Chondros, I have finally decided to mate them so this is my first attempt. Are they supposed to go at it for this long non stop? The book says 10 hours, then they would separate. Then i should separate them and reintroduce the male every few days until they are no longer interested. This has not happend. THEY HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR 3 DAYS NOW!

A couple of things I should point out :

The female is a large (almost 6 ft) adult of 7 years old. The male is much smaller and thinner of about 3 years old.

Upon inspection, I have yet to see penetration. However, I have not been watching them constantly. I ASSUME that at this point there has been penetration but on the same note, could it be that the reason they are taking so long is that there has not been penetration?

Advice is appeciated.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]