kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: GTP???????????????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]

Posted by Maxwell The BD on November 27, 2002 at 19:40:37:

In Reply to: Re: GTP??????????????? posted by Brandon Osborne on November 27, 2002 at 01:36:38:

::DEFINITELY a ball python. IMO, you don't have enough experience to keep one successfully. Neither do I, for that matter. Balls are usually very tractable and, as you said, a whole lot cheaper. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather handle a snake than just watch it, or do both, actually. I really enjoy watching my ball wandering my room or her cage, and to me she's developed a distinct personality.

:
:Well, speaking from experience in both, I can say CHONDRO if you are ready. Most of my chondros are tolerable to gentle handling. Not that I get them out every day, but a couple times a month and they don't seem to mind much. Once you set sight on them at night when lights go out, you will be hooked. They have been a fovorite of mine for many years along with my brooks kings, but the more I work with them, the more chondros I want.

:Just be sure, if you decide to ever get a chondro, that you are ready for one. They are definately not a beginner snake, even though they are the easiest snakes I have to care for. Once they are established, they quickly become addictive. I have 3 males and 5 females in my collection, and I'm sure it will be growing to many times that.

:Choose whichever you think is best for you AND the animal. Balls are easy to work with and are less expensive. And always purchase CAPTIVE BRED AND BORN animals. Good luck with which ever you choose.

:Brandon Osborne

I was defnitely leaning towards the balls, but i believe that i would like something arboreal for a change. But i then quickly remembered that i dont have enough experience with herps. I will defnitely be getting a ball most likely. By the way brandon (thats my name too) beatiful snake u have there.

Brandon

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Green Tree Python Forum ]