kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: What was your opinion of the New York Reptile Show?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by bxherp on April 13, 2003 at 22:40:09:

In Reply to: What was your opinion of the New York Reptile Show? posted by susanpearl on April 13, 2003 at 22:12:45:

:Hi,

:I attended the New York Reptile show this past Sunday. It was VERY busy, which is wonderful. It's great to see the hobby grow...
:Overall, I thought the selection of boas/pythons was relatively weak. Of course there was a ton of ball pythons, and left over 2002 boas. I thought the New York show in January had a much larger variety. This is probably due to the season. I'm sure the next show will have a bigger selection.

:I was under the impression that "prices" were supposed to be better at Reptile shows. I think the prices advertised on kingsnake's classified section are much better...my .02

:What did you think of the show?

:Susan P. : )

Hi...I also thought the Reptile show was kind of over price, particularly with supplies. I found that there were huge price differences on the same product from one table to another. So it was necessary to look before you buy. I made out well. I got a pair of Cal. King Snakes and a Snow Corn. I don't know about the boas and pythons. I saw alot of tree boas but I don't know there quality. Unfortunatly the expo wasn't two days. It should have been because the crowds were ridiculous. I went early and bought everything I needed (wanted) right away. Thank goodness I did it that way because by twelve o'clock all the good stuff was gone. I enjoyed it alot but I must agree with the fact that the January expo had more to offer.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]