kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Need HELP deciding what to get!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by DanW on March 22, 2003 at 07:35:25:

In Reply to: Need HELP deciding what to get! posted by crittercrazy on March 22, 2003 at 04:46:44:

:The Rainbow Boas are definitely humidity lovers. Mine have done well with moist cypress on the bottom. They are tolerant of wet conditions but its best not to overdo it. They can burrow in the cypress and you just keep it moist. They are rather problem free. Remember that high humidity cages need cleaning more often. Rainbows aren't real nippy as long as you let them no you are not feeding it when you open the cage.

Spotted Pythons are a bit bigger than Childrens. But I think you would like the Dumerils boa. Fairly large and stocky and rarely if ever do they bite. They can be picky at first. Mine insisted on live mice but once on F/T rats you are home free. Look specifically for one eating frozen rodents.

Kings are awesome. Check out the Easterns and Brooks. Large and impressive and you wont be disappointed. Also look into California Kings, Arizona Mountain Kings and Honduran Milks. All are a joy to work with and I think will be great for you.

Go with quarantining as snakes can be carriers of IBD and show no symptoms at all.

Dan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]