kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: ID Needed - Glossy Black except Red Eyes...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by jpassmore on February 22, 2003 at 19:39:13:

In Reply to: Re: ID Needed - Glossy Black except Red Eyes... posted by PitFiend on February 22, 2003 at 01:18:04:

Thanks for the welcome. We just picked up our first snake today at a reptile show here in Oregon. We got a male cornsnake. It was labeled as a normal. Mother was an Okeetee, and they think the father was also, but didn't have the records to prove it so had to label as a normal. Very pretty snake. I'll have to take some photos and upload them later.

As for the black snake, we found him during the daytime next to a spring. I have seen pictures of the black king snakes, he did look something similar to that, but I'll never forget the bright red eyes, it's part of what made him so pretty.

Jon

:Hello,
: First off welcome to the hobby!!
:My thinking tells me something in the Ratsnake family... or maybe a black king? I am sure others might be able to help... what kind of lighting was there? Was this daytime or nighttime and if at night were you using a flashlight?

:Charles
::Some time back my brother found a snake out at our Family ranch on the Utah/Nevada border. I had never seen one like it before or since.

::The snake was young and apparently not overly aggressive. It was around 12-15 inches long, so I am assuming it is a baby. It was a beautiful solid but very shiny black color everywhere (head, body, belly) The only different color on it was it's bright red eyes that almost seemed to glow.

::Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am just getting into the snake hobby and was curious what this mystery snake might have been.
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]