kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Hibernation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by jagomez64 on January 19, 2003 at 04:48:22:

In Reply to: Hibernation posted by banjo on January 18, 2003 at 22:04:31:

the only problem I see is that milks are cannibals and rodent eaters,it may not be a milk snake,as far as the rest of your questions just keep'em warm continue feeding and as soon as the warm weather comes around mother nature will do the rest-jorge let me know what kind of snake it was.:I'm a boid collector, so I really know nothing about hibernation of colubrids. I was out to dinner with a bunch of people the other night and one of the people knew I was a snake collector. She told me she caught a milk snake outside of the Chicagoland area. She has had it in a terrarium since August feeding it crickets. She wants to let it go in the Spring. First of all, they are rodent eaters, right? Secondly, will it hurt the snake if it does not hibernate this winter? Can you let it go this Spring after being held captive? Will it hibernate again next Winter? Do I have to adopt this snake from her? Thanks for your help in advance!!!

:-Dan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]