kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Before you run off to spend at a vet........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by glenn bartley on January 16, 2003 at 21:51:19:

In Reply to: Re: snakes regurgitating posted by munchkins on January 16, 2003 at 16:05:21:

are you sure the conditions under which you are keeping your snakes is correct. Are the tempos right - what was that about temperature drops? And what is the size of the snake compared to that of the meal, reference girth? Do you handle them or startle them after feeding?

If it is an environmmental thing that is causing them to upchuck, then correcting that will quite possibly correct the problem. If the problem persists even though all environmental things are fine, then, in my opinion, I would worry about internal problems like disease or parasites. In my opinion, regurgitation is not all that hard on an otherwise healthy snake that is regugitating due to something like being startled. This problem although recurrent is not occuring at each feeding, and this causes me to think it is then more likely an environmental factor other than a disease or parasite. If these were my snakes I would look to correct any faulty environmental conditions and see if it corrects the problem before spending money on a likely overpriced vet visit.

Of course, if you are pretty certain that all conditions are good, then go with the disease or parasite theory and get ye to a vet.

Best regards,
Glenn Bartley

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]