kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

what kind of reptile is right for me??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by fenris on May 14, 2003 at 13:15:19:

In Reply to: what kind of reptile is right for me?? posted by nickpurvis on May 13, 2003 at 18:06:27:

i'v got a green water dragon but i was like 9 when i got him and like the ignorent idiot i was never supplied her with uv light so here she is 9 years later only 2 feet long. i learned like 2 months ago that uv is a must so now she gots a 4 foot uv in her cage. i keep hearing about blackthroats being the coolest. would it affect one's health if when i got home i let em out in my room and keept a sunning spot on my floor but the rest of my room was around 70? and also if i were to try to sit down and watch tv with the moniter would it try to get away or would it be content to keep warm in my arms?

:well there are several options.
:You could get a green water dragon.they get to 4 feet and can be handled easily if you get one as a baby or juvie.
:In my oppinion monitors are not skittish or anything when handled.I am 14 and have a almost 3 foot savanna and hes pretty nice and has never tried to bite,white throats are pretty much the same but have different colors.
:another I could think of would be a water monitor.these can get to 8 foot and are easily tamed and are easily handled.
:these are my oppinions on the lizard you described.Hope this helps.
:Nick

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]