kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: 1st time breeding lizards

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by nickpurvis on March 27, 2003 at 16:26:38:

In Reply to: Re: 1st time breeding lizards posted by nickpurvis on March 27, 2003 at 16:24:36:

::How about some Takydromus Sexlineatus. They are small, easily cared for and lay lots of eggs.

:::Hi Im a herpkeeper and am getting ready to breed a trio of c tropidosternum.the reason is because I want to learn how to take care of baby lizards before I breed lizards that lay eggs.what should I get after the c tropidosternum that lays eggs and breed readily(not a leo or beardy)and will fit in a 20 gallon long aqaurium.thnaks in advance
:::nickpurvis:

::thanks for the advice.If i keep these lizards how many will fit in the aqaurium and can I use cypress mulch as a substrate or not.how do you breed these lizards.do they breed without a special light cycle or do they need one.Im hoping they dont but if they dont thats okay Ill still try.Ive been looking at a trio of these lizards for a while now and they are cheap and neat looking.thanks
:nickpurvis

The aqaurium i was talking about is a 20 gallon long with a ventilated lid and will I need a heat source and if so what temperature should the cage be.thanks again
nickpurvis

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]