kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Long-tailed Lizard questions (Takydromus Sexlineatus)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by takydromus on March 17, 2003 at 21:17:31:

In Reply to: Long-tailed Lizard questions (Takydromus Sexlineatus) posted by w_h on March 17, 2003 at 16:00:33:

Hi: I also have a pair of these lizards and have been searching for a year and now have quite a bit of info. If you e-mail me at yahtzee_y@yahoo.com, I will try to put some of it together.

:Ive got two long-tailed lizards and they are great. What dissapoints me is the lack of information about them on the internet. I have searched high and low and still have not found much information on them at all. I have got several questions on these cool little guys.

:How can I determine the sex of my lizards? I used common sense and thought that the male is the one with the dark black lines on its sides, and the female has a lighter brown color on its sides (since in nature, the males tend to be more colorful).

:If they are a male and a female, how could I get them to breed? I have read that a perticular light schedule could get them "in the mood". I believe they are mature. From the tip of their noses to the base of their tail is about 2 inches. They seem to like eachother, they never fight and often sleep on or next to eachother...its kinda cute. How many eggs do they produce and how long would it take them to hatch?

:Also, do they need a heating pad? I have a light on them for a good 12-14 hours a day and I always have the heating pad on. I want to make sure it is not too much. They like sleeping a lot. The average temperature of the tank seems to be about 82 degrees F.

:Any help is greatly appreciated. Also if you know of any informative links or even books about these lizards, please let me know. Thank you!

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]