kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Salifin Experiance?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Lizard Forum ]

Posted by 59herps on January 03, 2003 at 14:25:04:

In Reply to: Salifin Experiance? posted by Liquidsalt on January 03, 2003 at 11:51:21:

Well they are very neat lizards and mattering on the species and age and sex you get, they can become great or terrible captives. Well first of they require a huge enclosure. Atleast 6x4x4, with a minimum of a 3x4 water secton. You have chosen to get the largest agamid (3ft) which comes with a few burdens such as cage size, care, and basically making sure yours will atleast tolerate you. They can inflict nasty bites and really painful welts from their tail. A wc adult I saw once was so scared of humans that it broke its jaw jumping into the walls of its cage when anyone entered. But, most will simply run into water when they are scared. They are omnivores and enjoy fruit, silk worms, king mealworms, and mice. The one I kept tamed down within 2 months of getting him but he never would let me hold him. He merely tolerated me coming into his cage and me scratching his back from time to time. If you can get a baby or a cb one you should have a very tame pet. I personaly like the horned sail finned dragons (H. pustulatus) but they aren't common in the herp trade.
Devlin

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Lizard Forum ]