kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Giant Day Gecko Breeders & Behavior in G.D. & Golden Geckos

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Gecko Forum ]

Posted by reptilekeeper3 on May 03, 2003 at 13:24:11:

In Reply to: Giant Day Gecko Breeders & Behavior in G.D. & Golden Geckos posted by texaskiwi on April 30, 2003 at 23:02:57:

:Does anyone know of a good online breeder for G.D. Geckos as there are no stores around where I live that sell them. I already have one but I bought it i Austin (I now live in Houston) and that was 1 of 2 times I've ever seen them for sale ever. I got my baby when he/she was about 2 and a half inches long and now it's about 7 inches. My boyfriend and I want to breed it but that's kind of hard to do with only one :) We've already got a cage that is 3ftL x 2ftH x 1ftW that I believe is a 39gal that we're keeping our baby Panther Chameleon in until we finish it's much larger cage. We want to have at least 2 Day Geckos (3 if size permits) in this cage to breed. I was also wondering if I could put the Golden Gecko in the same cage since it is over 10".

:Also... My geckos have become very well trained when I feed them and they will eat mealworms out of my fingers (although I don't do this often with my Golden who's full grown and has a nasty bite). Usually I'll open the lid a crack and the noise will cause them to run to that side and stare at me and the Golden gets too excited sometimes and almost comes out of the cage for me to feed it and I push it back in with my fingers. Normally if I did this it would run away but it wants food so it lets me physically push it back and actually touch its head without bothering it. My geckos pay attention to what I'm doing now and will usually look at me when I pass by their tanks. My Bearded Dragon also does something similar. Whenever he sees me shake the plastic bag to dust the crickets he gets excited and my Panther Chameleon will go on to the side mesh door that I usually place the crickets on when he's hungry and waits for me to feed him.

Leaping Lizards have nice day geckos. Just bought some from them last weekend in dallas texas. There web site is not leaping lizards.com. it is www.daygecko.com
there phone number is (405) 771-4006. I just bought a gold dust day gecko female from them at the show last weekend. They have many in stock.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Gecko Forum ]