kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What plants would work in this day gecko terrarium?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Gecko Forum ]

Posted by Zeb on April 05, 2003 at 22:52:41:

Hi there....

What I have right now is a 20 gallon extra high aquarium ( 20W X 10D X 24H ) with 10 lbs of river rock on the bottom, a plastic grid to seperate it from the soil, and a slope of sphagnum moss in the top layer, anywhere from 3-7 inches deep. It also has a piece of wood placed horizontally and one piece of Snake Plant that reaches all the way to the top. Full spectrum lighting, blue bulb heating.

First off, I was told this plant was good....but now I've also been told it will not like the humidity, and my soil is too loose for it. So what do you think?

Also, I'd like to know what other plants to get. I'm thinking african violets or maybe an orchid, though I may have troubles keeping the latter. What I'd really like would be another taller plan that has some less-vertically oriented leaves, allowing my day geck to bask a little closer if it wishes to. Then I'm also interested in some close to the ground type plants....

And the last question: Is it bad to be misting the cage? ( for plants ) I don't mist so much that water condenses on the glass, but it's probably 70-80%. One thing I could do is install a dripper for the gecko's water source, and let that fall into a pool which I can change daily.

let me know what your opinions are..
Thanks,
Zeb

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Gecko Forum ]