kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

MY Press x2: Worker goes missing after attack by crocodile

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by W von Papineäu on May 16, 2003 at 12:08:05:

NEW STRAITS TIMES (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) 16 May 03 Worker goes missing after attack by crocodile (Letitia Samuel)
Kuching: A factory worker went missing after he was attacked by a crocodile while catching prawns at Sungai Bako here this morning.
Kadir Lamit, 35, was in the river when the reptile attacked him.
Kadir, from Debak in Betong, is married with five children.
The incident, which occurred about 10am, was witnessed by Kadir's colleagues Nuli Kelasan, 33, Mathew Pegom, 32, and an Indonesian Wahid Mustakim, 33.
The four had gone to catch prawns.
Nuli, who was about two metres away from Kadir, said the victim was standing in waist-high water and picking out prawns caught in the net.
The crocodile snatched Kadir just as he was about to pass the catch to him (Nuli).
Nuli said he called out for help but by the time their two friends arrived, Kadir had disappeared into the water. A report was lodged at the Bintawa police station.
Kadir's wife Banon Pandong said her husband often went out to catch prawns but never at Sungai Bako.
"I do not know why he decided to go to Sungai Bako today. "Now he is gone and will not come back," said Banon.
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/20030516083220/Article/

THE STAR (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia) 16 May 03 Father of five feared dead in crocodile attack
Kuching (Bernama ): A 35-year-old man is feared dead after being attacked by a crocodile while catching udang galah with three friends in Sungai Bako at the Demak Laut Industrial Zone, about 20km from here.
The man, identified as Kadir Lamit, a father of five, from Saratok, was attacked by the crocodile at about 9.30am.
His friends, who survived the attack, reported the incident to the police.
One of the survivors, Nuli Kelasan, said the crocodile attack happened about 30 minutes after they had reached a spot at Sungai Bako.
He said they then decided to go into the water to cast their nets as the water was only waist deep.
“Kadir was behind me. Suddenly, I heard a loud splash and Kadir disappeared,” he added.
Kadir’s wife, Banon Pandong, said Sungai Bako was not her husband’s favourite fishing spot.
“I don’t know what prompted him to go there. Now, he is not coming back,” she told reporters when met at her house in Pending.
The police confirmed receiving a report on the incident and are investigating.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2003/5/16/nation/crocatak&sec=nation

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]