kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Alligator abuse, Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by rick gordon on March 21, 2003 at 12:00:45:

In Reply to: Alligator abuse, Question posted by Sepultura4Ever on March 20, 2003 at 22:47:59:

:Hello all,
:There is a boy at my school who has been bragging about keeping a wild caught 4-5ft Tx Alligator in his Coi pond, he and a number of reliable people have told me he is telling the truth and he has the bite marks on his arm to prove it. A friend of mine and I decided to show up at his house and inform him that he ws breaking the law and that he could get in serious trouble getting caught with an endangered species in the city of Houston. We told him we would be more than happy to capture and relocate the Alligator to an area where it could thrive. He said he had no intentions of letting us have it and that he would be keeping it.
:I am not about to sit around while a 15yr old misstreats and abuses this animal. What steps should I take or who should I call to make sure this animal is removed or that this matter is investigated........Thankyou Scott

Rick:: You haven't mentioned any abuse, unless those bite marks are on the alligator, I'd say its the kid thats getting abused!
I had my first crocodilian when I was nine, so I don't see that his age has anything to do with it and a koi pond, if its large enough, sound like a great place to keep a gator.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]