kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Can you get these toes tags from some place for a keeper to.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by Ravenspirit on March 17, 2003 at 20:17:00:

In Reply to: Re: Can you get these toes tags from some place for a keeper to. posted by Bill Moss on March 17, 2003 at 16:41:42:

:That's a good idea, and I've thought of it too, particularly after I had a 50lb sulcata stolen last fall (since recovered). What's the chance that anyone who found one of the animals would look for the ID? I was thinking that for practical purposes, the only benefit would be for positive identification purposes if ownership was in question.

:Your thoughts?

:Bill

Well, Its good for proof of ownership, and proof that, in my cas,e that the animals are the legitamate animals I have, so when I travel over state lines, that Im not moving or selling illegal animals - I alsoThought that if some one elses, or a dumped animal shows up or something on my property, or is loose somewhere -I have evidance that MY animals are all tagged, registered, and accounted for - and it is NOT one of mine -

If an individual found one of my animals, Say one of my ravens, Each has a metal hang tag, that unscrews, attached to the the alymeri anklet. Inside the roll out letter it says "My Avid chip number is (number) - Im lost, and scared! please call my owner at (my phone number) and return my to my houme! Thiers a BIG REWARD For safe my return!

(I got them at petsmart, thier made for dogs) - For my crocs, my igs, and my tegus, I have larger tags on thier harnesses that are just silver dog tags, that say - "Avid ID Number #############" - And a seperate tag for thier name, my adress, and my phone number -

Many humane societys, etc, check for AVIDS now -

I always say, it doesnt hurt to cover all potential issues at hand, and better safe then sorry -

Raven -

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]