kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: p.palpebrosus jaws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by donny039 on March 07, 2003 at 00:54:22:

In Reply to: Re: p.palpebrosus jaws posted by Bill Moss on March 06, 2003 at 18:33:12:

In about 1986 or 1987 i had an nice size wc adult palpebrousus male, a good 4.5 ft who was very nasty ... anyway, I remember having him outside in a kids pool (i think i had been cleaning out his enclosure) when I was getting him out of the pool I had a hard time with him and he ended up grabing me, he got me on an angle but he caught part of my hand, wrist and part of my arm ... he didnt thrash, he grabed me and quickly let go ... it didnt do a whole lot of damage to me, no stitches, I did go get it cleaned out and a tetnus* shot .... looking at it now I do have a serious of scars were I got nailed, 2 nice size teeth marks and about 10 or so barely seen teeth marks .... I do recall it hurt quit a bit

I recall getting bit by a Nile croc that was only about 15 inches back in maybe 1994 1995, this bugger grabed my index finger, and tried to tear it off .... this bite hurt a lot !! I lost feeling in the finger tip for a couple months

looking back now the bite from the baby nile was probably more painful, but the nile was really trying to do damage, the dwarf bite I think was more of a dont mess with me luv tap.

I would have to think the dwarfs bite is not as powerful as many other species but yes none the less it is capable of taking a finger, giving you some stitches, etc...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]