kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Albino Checkered

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Garter and Ribbon Snake Forum ]

Posted by JohnRobinson on March 07, 2003 at 22:03:59:

Here is a beautiful little albino checkered garter snake that was produced by Chris Bodner. I bought three from him that Chris got on pinky mice and he gave me this smaller one from the same litter that has been reluctant to switch over from fish to pinks yet. I love the distinct orange dorsal stripe and hope that it does not wash out as this baby grows. It is less than a week since I got them and they have all adapted to their new digs and they have all had a meal!

Chris and his dad Mike live very close to me so I was able to spend a very enjoyable evening talking snakes with them and looking at their meticulously maintained collection. They have a strikingly beautiful trio of eastern black necked garters and I am trying to talk them into letting me have a pair of their babies if they produce some this Spring. I have been into herps for many years and am very excited about getting back to keeping the garters that got me interested in snakes when I was young. Thanks to guys like the Bodners for making these spectacular varieties available!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Garter and Ribbon Snake Forum ]