kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

fight it in court!@!@!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Garter and Ribbon Snake Forum ]

Posted by Johnnic on March 02, 2003 at 01:00:13:

In Reply to: I think... posted by johne on February 19, 2003 at 09:08:24:

rr,

i got nailed by the dept. of health which in turn called the dept. of environmental conservation. anyway, they fined me for ball pythons b/c it was illegal in my city to own any boids even though the pet stores down the block were still selling them. to make a long story short, i received two tickets to appear in court. if i didn't go to court, i would of received thousands of dollars worth of fines ($250 for each animal owned). in court, both the dept. of health and the dec (two separate hearings) negotiated with me to the extent that if they gave me a single charge of $250 and i would plead guilty, they would not go for the bigger $$$. in the end, i just pled guilty to the misdemeanor cuz' i was sick of going to court and missing work. so basically, if u want the fine reduced i would go to court. in general, usfws are bigger jerks than either the dec or dept. of health (but that's just my opinion:).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Garter and Ribbon Snake Forum ]