kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

American Toads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by Convicts4Ever on May 14, 2003 at 07:01:41:

In Reply to: American Toads posted by LizardFlorida on May 13, 2003 at 23:13:13:

:Well, my pet toad is a sweetheart. She mostly likes to stay in her hiding place...but as soon as she sees me in the morning she comes out and begs. She sits there and looks straight up at me with pure cow eyes. I go ahhhhhhh sweeet.. She knows I will feed her soon :-) it`s really cute.

:My two treefrogs as soon as they see me craws up the plastic branches as close as possible to me, sits as cute as possible and both give me super cow eyes. I go ahhhhhhh cute! They get crickets. A few times they have actually leaped on me (including my face) because they want to really get close to me. Feeling those suctions on the feet is really yuck, and not good for the frog and I have a hard time getting either off of me.

:My male bullfrog is starting to learn coweyes and how to sit like a sweet innocent cutie...it gets food.

:****When it comes to the groceries, all pets become geniuses****

:By the way, Chloe is going to be alive for 15 years in captivity. good choice of pet and low maintenance.

:
:LizardFlorida

:Hopefully she'll live for many more years older than that. If she's not sleeping she will come and beg for food every time she sees me in the room. All of my family love her, and all of them give her bugs from around the house as treats. To me she's a member of my family and I'm honored to have her as such. How long did it take before yours learned how to associate you with the bringing of food LizardFlorida?

:

::I just got a female American Toad that is almost 4 inches in length. One of my friends's 15 year old daughters caught her when she was crossing a highway at night. I named her Chloe, and she's really friendly and a little goofy. When you rub her sides she leans into your finger as if your scratching an itch. She ate a ton of crickets the first night I had her and will eat in front of you. I'm even dusting the crickets with ReptoCal supplement to improve Chloe's health. I haven't seen any toads for three years because of too-little rain, so I'm so happy to have Chloe in my home.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]