kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My pacman frog setup (pics)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by dana456 on May 12, 2003 at 13:44:03:

In Reply to: My pacman frog setup (pics) posted by moukin on May 12, 2003 at 12:39:50:

wax worms, hissing roaches, nightcrawlers, moths, almost anything that isn't poisonous. but crickets will do the trick even as he gets older.

dana:)

:Thanks! I definitely wanted to stay away from feeder fish. What else can I feed him besides crickets, if I'm to stay away from mealworms and pinkies? Is it difficult to feed them enough crickets to fill them up when they get full grown?

:

::it looks good to me the only thing i would suggest is to keep him from mice and fish. also mealworms are very hard on the pacs digestive system. i would stay away from them completely. but there are so many different insects that are good for food that i wouldn't worry about the fish, pinks, or mealworms. You have yourself a cute little fellow there.

::dana:)
:::I think I've done a pretty good job of getting everything set up for the albino pacman frog I got last week. I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. And I thought I'd share a couple of pictures, too. :-)

:::He's in a 20 gallon acrylic aquarium...it's a very strange tank. I work at PetSmart, and we just got remodeled. I brought home a couple of the aquariums that they took out.

:::

:::I cleaned the tank and put in a layer of Bed a Beast. He has a large water dish (with large pebbles in it right now, to make it shallow cause he's so little). Some live plants, and decorations. I added a little bit of moss near the water dish to help keep the humidity in and it looks nice, too. :-)

:::He has an ESU flourescent light that I keep on for 12 hours a day.

:::I can't use an undertank heater because the aquarium is acrylic, so he has a clamp on heat lamp with a 30watt black bulb. His temperature is about 80 degrees during the day. I unplug the heat light at night, allowing the temperature to drop down to about 75.

:::At first, I didn't have a heat bulb on the aquarium, because our apartment wasn't air conditioned. But we recently bought a new air conditioner, and we like our apartment nice and cool. I did keep some saran wrap on the opening of the aquarium to keep humidity in, but I can't do that now with the heat lamp. So, if I have trouble keeping the humidity up around 80 percent, I'm going to use a misting system.

:::He's been eating small calcium dusted crickets. As soon as he's large enough, I'm going to add in some mealworms a couple times a week, and a waxworm every now and then (very fatty, so not very often). And when he gets large enough, pinkies and mice now and then along with the larger crickets.

:::Anything else I should know or be doing?

:::Here's some pictures. His name is Namco (the company that produced the atari pacman games...yes, I'm a geek). He's not much larger than a half dollar right now.

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]