kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wait more (ok and 1 more question)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by EllasMommie on April 24, 2003 at 13:18:02:

In Reply to: Wait more posted by Kanuck on April 24, 2003 at 12:09:49:

Alrighty, waiting it is then. I just worry is all. This is my first time with frogs and I don't know their behavior just yet. I will keep out of the terraium unless its for a water change. Don't have to bother Stretch when I do that. He hides and I just quickly do my thing. I scoop out the other two taddies and plants, suck the water out, rinse, suck again and replace. Takes all of 15 mins thanks to the wet vac.

The crickets we got were very tiny, a little smaller than the width of Stretches head.

On another note. I have moved the 3rd taddie to the 10 gallon on it's own to see if it'll grow. I don't know if it's just stunted because of the hormones that were mentioned in one of the responces to my other post or if it's sickly. It doesn't move around much at all. Just sits there on the bottom of the tank for a long time then sometimes "slowly" wiggles itself to another spot. I haven't noticed it eating either and I've been offering a couple frog/tad bites and even an algea sinking wafer (for the Cory Cats I used to have... which the other taddies seem to LOVE!) I'm going to get a new filter because the old one I had keeled over on me so right now I'm just doing daily water chages. (I'll get the new filter tonight) We've had this taddie for about 3 weeks now and it was the 3rd to biggest. The smallest one has passed it up in growth and already has some good back legs going. This one doesn't even have little toes sticking out. It doesn't look exactly like the others either. It's tail is thinner and doesn't have the fanning fin parts (does that make sense?) Is there an chance that it isn't a leo after all? It's a light tanish color with LOTS of dark brown speckles. The "head" is just about an inch and the tail is just over an inch. I'll try and get a picture if anyone thinks that will help.

Thanks all, you have all been a GREAT help!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]