kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Frog vs man. My vote...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by EllasMommie on April 20, 2003 at 21:45:21:

In Reply to: Re: Frog vs man. My vote... posted by karenh on April 20, 2003 at 21:34:00:

I second that!!! We had three ball pythons that would refuse pre-killed or frozen mice. Only once did one of them get bitten by the mouse but it was so minor. It's the nature of things. That's what they would eat in the wild and if we want to keep them healthy and happy pets we do what we can to make their lives inside our homes as close to nature as possible.
\Makes sense right?

:What's wrong w/feeding live mice to an animal. After all that is what they eat in the wild. I have snakes who won't eat frozen or dead. So I guess let them starve. I have hundreds of snakes and have kept snakes for over 20 years and not once have I had a rat or mouse bite a snake so that argument is moot.

:
::I think there is a pretty big difference between those examples you gave and what happened here. I don't care for putting a hook through a live animal either, but at least it serves a purpose: to provide food/money for a family. I totally disagree with those who use live mice for their pets.

::In this case, the only purpose this frog served was to be launched out of a toy for the jollies of some teenagers. No concern was given for the life of this animal, much less the FROG's eyes. My personal belief system leads me to the facts that there are over 6 BILLION people on this planet and are the root of nearly every environmental problem we have. Frogs on the other hand, just want to be left alone yet THEY are the ones in a worldwide decline!

::In case you couldn't tell, some of us here ARE more concerned about the frog. It is unfortunate that our social obligations to the preservation of human life supercedes our own ability to reason and logically evaluate the need for justice. It is ironic that our desire to spare the life of our species at any cost will eventually be the death of our species (after all, ALL species go extinct) as we continue to overpopulate our planet and essential resources like water (*gasp* not fossil fuel?) becomes such a scarce commodity it will directly influence our ability to procreate. I can only there is enough water left for frogs to out-survive us!
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]