kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by Double J on April 17, 2003 at 22:25:56:

In Reply to: Re: Right, and we never did anything stupid as teens either posted by Knot on April 17, 2003 at 19:52:31:

Yes, humans do have the potential, but I think humanity will be the cause of its own downfall. I don't have faith that we will ever be able to get it together as a species. Here are my two scenarios for my prediction of the fate of humanity.
1) Humans will be the cause of their own extinction and the earth will find some way to recover
2) Humans will drive themselves to the brink of extinction, get their act together for a few hundred years, and the agonizing cycle will begin all over again.
Let's face it, we are just too adaptable, resourceful, and have too much of a will to survive at the expense of others. Our superior adaptations are simply proving to be maladaptive. I hate to be a pessimist, but this is reality,not some sort of utopia.
Sorry for this grossly off topic post, but I had to retort. Feel free to shred my comments, but I stand by them.
Double J

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]