kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: So what semi-aquatic specie would you suggest?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by Zeb on April 16, 2003 at 20:53:38:

In Reply to: Re: So what semi-aquatic specie would you suggest? posted by markc on April 16, 2003 at 19:31:07:

Markc:

In your original post when you said " no your wrong. " and " what is that? " I took it defensively...maybe I shouldn't have. But when online, I guess it's always hard to tell. Either way, I'm not trying to cause harm to any living thing and you are trying to help. I understand the frustration of trying to help others, as I do the same on a different forum for fish and also did it at a pet store for quite a while. I'm also frustrated that you wouldn't give my input any thought....and further said things such as "get a hamster", which was downright rude. I read through your other posts, though, and I'm just guessing that's the way you are.

Anyways, I thought I had stated that I was interested in any type of setup..maybe I was thinking of a seperate thread elsewhere or in the past. But in my first post I did mention I had various other tanks open, and that I was open to all suggestions.

As for my experience, as stated before I worked in a pet store. And before we go off on that subject, let's just say that not all pet shops are bad. Anyways...we were kept some frogs in a 1/2 water 1/2 land vivarium with minnows, goldfish, etc. The leopard frogs and firebellys actually did eat them. And of course, the ACF's ate fish too. Waldo also suggested in his post that frogs wouldn't mind minnows in their habitat if they were for food....

But yeah...I don't mind keeping a specie only tank. The only thing I'm not interested in would be an american bullfrog ( just doesn't seem that cool to me. ) and mantellas/dart frogs because I just don't feel I can give them the diet they need. Actually, I just don't want to bother with flies, maggots, etc. But at least I know my limits....

So then....I guess I'm most interested in a active, partially aquatic frog that can survive on things such as Zophobas, Crickets, Beetles, etc. Though I like Pacmans so much, I may just get one of those for a seperate tank too. I don't mind that they're inactive, as most my reptiles seem to be that way.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]