kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: ?Feeding Leo tads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by EllasMommie on April 15, 2003 at 09:38:39:

In Reply to: Re: ?Feeding Leo tads posted by ginevive on April 15, 2003 at 06:06:15:

The bullfrog tad that we had ate the shrimp but I never noticed if the leos did. I also found out after about a week that more than one tiny pellet a day caused these tiny little white worms. I have to take everyone out and scrub the tank to get rid of them. I will go with the suggestion of the cooked greens in addition to them eating the plants that are already in there. Though my leo that has gotten it's legs did eat the shrimp pellet I put in there early this morning. Maybe because it's going through that change now?

Can't wait until it hits land. How soon after it gets on land should I feed it? I found the perfect spot at a local park with some really great bugs and worms.

:i fed mine this stuff called frog and tadpole bites, which they ate ravenously. i dont know about shrimp pellets, because tadpoles are mainly herbovorous, but i read somewhere that they will feed off decaying animal matter in the water. i would feed them the frog bites, because the decaying animal matter could get messy :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]