kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Change in heat the cause???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by MysticHerps on April 13, 2003 at 22:50:57:

In Reply to: Change in heat the cause??? posted by poisonfrog420 on April 12, 2003 at 23:16:39:

I have to say that even after having my frilleds for several years i still learn from them. I had my male go off feed for 6 months !!!!! I just KNEW he was going to die. needless to say.he didnt, and the female will go off feed for a month or two at a time too..... they are sluggish at this time as well. They are very good at regulating their metabolism.

I let all my light/ heat go out at night with the cage temps going to 68-70 degrees during the winter, but i always turn on all the heat during the day.

Matt
:Hi, I have always kept my frilleds in a 75 gal tank with a 100watt active u.v. heat bulb on one side and a 150 watt cermic heat emitter on the other. I have been reading about what every one else does which seems to me to be to let the whole cage drop to 70 at night. I have not used the 150 watt heat emitters for two weeks and the frilles are acting sluggish. Just sitting on the same branchs. Should I use it during the day and turn all heat off at night, or should I just give them more time to adjust? Thanks for you help, Jacob.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]