kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Sick Frilly - Thoughts, Suggestions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by chalcosoma on April 08, 2003 at 14:18:47:

In Reply to: Re: Sick Frilly - Thoughts, Suggestions? posted by Pennebaker on April 08, 2003 at 12:52:34:

Dosage? I don't wanna kill him with it. He's about 12 inches, nose to tail. Also, should it be administered with feedings or separately, and can anyone recommend a brand of flagyl. Meanwhile I'll get to work on it...

Thanks!

:agreed, panacur and lots of water. I'd do a dosage of flagyl as well.
:dana

::When I went on vacation last year my frilled was in about the same condition when I returned, I thought he had gut rot, so I brought him to the vet they did x-rays etc finally they panacured him and we went on our way , At that point I started giving him warm baths every night for 30 min and I changed his diet from crix to meal worms/ and wax worms to fatten him up that brought him around also James tuttle told me to ensure he was hydrated and if he will drink thats a good sign, the vet did give me some black looking syrupy stuff to feed him and he loved it, Also make sure you cover the cage so he cant see out and get stressed, I have also found that a t-rex merc. bulb works wonders for their appetite,
::Good Luck and keep us posted..

:::

::: Hi again!

::: Well, I've got a sick frilly on my hands. He was eating a bit when I got him, but has quickly deteriorated - the other two are doing great. His symptoms are as follows:

::: - skinny
::: - some unshed skin patches
::: - lethargic
::: - dark color
::: - no appetite
::: - stools are runny and very yellow
::: - scratches at his head
::: - frill looks a little "crumpled"

::: I've separated him from the others as I don't want them getting infected, and also their activity was stressing him out.

::: My experiences with Vets in L.A. have been disillusioning. Time and money spent, when it turned out they didn't know much about reptiles, except maybe iguanas. If anyone can recommend a really good vet in LA, I'm all ears. Likewise if anyone has experience with emergency remedies for these symptoms, please tell me about 'em - I've got some Panacur on hand, and I 'spose I could force-feed him.

::: Thanks for any advice,

:::Michael

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]