kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hey Matt, long time!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on January 16, 2003 at 09:45:34:

In Reply to: Re: question for the experienced... posted by MysticHerps on January 15, 2003 at 23:18:15:

Hey there! Glad to hear that you had production last year. You dont stop by anymore, so I didnt know!
Take care
Dana

:Dont worry yet...... i nevver saw my frillies copulate last year, but got three fertile clutches from my female. She laid her eggs under some dried cypress, so i was glad i was around and happened to see her digging.

:I couldnt tell she was gravid at all, she just looked healthily plump......... nothing like my water dragon, beardeds, or chameleons that i had/ have where you could make out egg shapes in thier abdomens.

:I didnt do anything intentionally last year to cycle my frilleds either, and am not this year ..... i will see if they breed again or not. They are on a 12/12 light cycle, 70 degrees F at night (ambient room temp) and the only thing that changes in the day is thier basking light kicks on ( 150 watt flood light) but they rarely use it this time of year.

:Matt

::To tell you the truth guys, I have a very hard time telling when my girls are gravid or not until the last couple days. They just look extra puffy and fat--but if they have a lot of weight on them to begin with, it is hard to tell. I would have a lay area ready just in case. I have found with frilled females, it is a one time deal--they go down to lay and they better have a spot.
::It could also be that the female is just not ready yet or is rejecting that particular male for some reason.
::hope that helps.
::dana

::

:::yea i had the same question. i put my trio through a cool down for two months and on january first i turned the basking lights back on for 14 hours a day, put food in there enclosure,and started spraying them AT LEAST twice a day. my male has been head bobing but havent seen anything else. what am i doing wrong?

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]