kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: LOL that is so cool.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by raccaboo on January 09, 2003 at 09:20:56:

In Reply to: Re: Frillies only eat when I handfeed(?) them. posted by Pennebaker on January 09, 2003 at 09:16:37:

That is what I would do put a food dish with something that moves alot just make sure the dish has smooth sides so the bugs can't crawl out. I do this with all my reptiles and it works good. After awhile they even expect you to feed them and will wait by their dish to let you know if their hungry. My Bearded Dragons did not want to eat veggies only meal worms cause of the movement. So I put mealworms in with the veggies and they ate both because the movement. Now they will see the veggies and attack hehe.

:It could be that they are spoiled--LOL--and you just feed them enough so they are never so hungry to work for it! Try something that moves a lot, like superworms in a dish that they can see from their basking spot. Put it in there when they havent eaten for a couple days (adults I'm assuming)--all that movement, they probably cant just sit there and watch for too long!
:As long as they are eating and drinking that is good.
:They could be a little lazy with the change of seasons too--when they brumate they do just cling to the branches and stay put.
:If you want to get them to exercise, you can close off a room, preferable with carpet and get them to run across it--get behind them and sort of scoot their behinds along. LOL.
:just some stabs at it
:dana

::My 1.2 frilled dragons only eat when I feed them by hand.
::Did I spoiled them doing that cause they won't come down to eat.
::They do eat enough this way, but when I offer the food on the ground they don't hunt and eat them, they just stay on their branch.
::They do come down regulair just to ehhh poop and then they stay on the ground for a while and do a little walk around the cage.

::Anyone has an idea why?

::greetz

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]