kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Question for Pennebaker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on October 19, 2002 at 12:31:42:

In Reply to: Re: Question for Pennebaker posted by tropicalherp on October 17, 2002 at 15:22:38:

brightness? could the cage not be bright enough? We keep lots of chameleons too and use reptariums. I've noticed that most agamids do not do well in dark screen enclosures because it is just not bright enough. The uva seems to be really crucial to their livelihood and appetites. Anytime I've used screen enclosures for frillies, I make sure it is next to a window that gets a lot of sunlight in addition to multiple tube and dome lighting.
It is strange since I've always been amazed at how hardy the frillies are as babies. ???? i dont know!
Dana

: Wow that is strange then, I only feed them 1/2" cricket have a good sized water bowl in there and have them in my herp room. We only go in the herp room 3 times a day other than that they are alone. They dont have any visual to any other animals. We have not handled them at all. I mist them 3 times per day. Just not as hardy as I would have thought. This is not to bash anyone just want to know why I am keeping them as everyone else is and they dont seem to be doing all that well. Or maybe is just me, a person that keeps panthers and veileds and am used to them eating anything and everything all day if they want to:0)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]