kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Big baby trouble

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on September 10, 2002 at 10:31:15:

In Reply to: Big baby trouble posted by Suggs on September 08, 2002 at 14:40:21:

wow! he is awesome!
my guess would be sexual maturity--you know we all get weird when that happens, lol. but, you know him best, so if you do think something is really wrong, you may want to take further action.
dana

:Hi all..... Well i measured my home grown baby Goliath today..... he is 28 inches snout to tail,give a kink or two and he may be thirty...and he's only nine months old.
:but i'm getting a little worried about him.....He has not fed as normal in the last week or two.....He keeps gaping and frilling and he doesn't run to the front every time he sees the bag of goodies that I have to offer like he used to....
:He is shedding his face....which is OK....he sheds all the time...
:BUT my husband (who's not a reptile fan) also noticed some stringy snot like stuff around the mouth....Now because I've never seen any of my Frillies gape I have watched closely and I don't think it's a respiratory infection.....there is NO snout damage....He just opens his mouth when anyone he doesn't know comes near......He never did this before but I guess that by his size he is becoming sexually mature...... He already bobs and waves at me but stops as soon as I reach in to hold him...which I need to do on a daily basis to clean his viv..
:So what I really want to know is.......Is this normal behaviour?
:Goliath is about to move up to a bigger viv and I don't want to add stress if he's not behaving like a normal adolescent.
:My gut feeling tells me that he's fine...but anyone else who has bred and grown one on as their own.... please relate what yours are doing. I have added some pictures (I hope).....Any input would be great.
:Suggs

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]