kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I JUST got back from moving.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Suggs on July 08, 2002 at 12:59:59:

Hi All....
Just today have the time to pick up some threads.....

Sorry I didn't have time to get bsck on the "selling at 1 month"
thread BUT..... I am going to do so now....

I still do not agree that babies should be sold at such a young age..... There is far too much that can go wrong in a short space of time and they are not big enough to stand such dramatic changes....and as for shipping or sending by post....if the new ownwer can't be bothered to come and collect it then they can "whistle"!

I took back one of my babies that I gave away to a "good" home because it wasn't growing! It has done nothing BUT grow since it came back to me so maybe the home wasn't as good as I thought?
Maybe that baby was just too young....Yes I let it go at 8 weeks because I thought the new owner was experienced.........
I woudn't do it again.....I'll keep them ALL for six months and they'll all be 20 inches and fat and happy and they'll all have names and they'll all be well mannered, handleable pets and they will be given away (not sold) to people that I think are capable of looking after them. Of course we can't get it right all the time but the one little guy that I made the mistake of letting go too early is doing fine now :)

It's good to be back after such a traumatic house move....ALL the lizards made it....even my BIG rescue WD...

So that's it for now...gotta clear the "in box".

Suggs

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]