kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

southern rubber boa locality records, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by Richard F. Hoyer on May 11, 2003 at 12:04:16:

jeph & markg:
As a follow-up of a SRB study I conducted between 1993-1997 in the San Bernardino Mts., I am always seeking to update new locality records of the SRB. It seems that you two gentlemen may have information that falls into this category. If you are interested in sharing input you can contact me by email at:
charinabottae@earthlink.net.

As a side note, I just returned from my annual spring trip to S. Calif. in which I am trying to gather information on C. bottae in various regions. On my way to the San Jacinto Mts. on 4/28, we passed through the San Bernardino Mts. and observed a couple of adult male SRBs, one at the Arboretum and another at Heap's Peak under less than ideal weather / temp. conditions.

I have applied for an MOU (memorandum of understanding) with the CDFG for a proposed study of the C. bottae population in the San Jacinto Mts. On the 29th, 30th, and 5/1, I familiarized myself with the areas in the San Jacinto Mts. where
C. bottae has been previously documented. On the 5/1, I met with a gentleman that has recorded 60 boa sightings in those mts.

Published information of a scientific nature on the San Jacinto boa population includes just a single specimen (Klauber, 1943). Thus the true relationship of the San Jacinto population has yet to be determined. Simply by geographic proximity, one would tend to go with the present arrangement in which the San Jacinto population is alligned with the SRB population in the San Bernardino Mts. However, I feel that the situation needs confirmation one way or the other and thus my proposal.

Richard F. Hoyer

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]