kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

South Florida Snakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by pinkelephant on May 06, 2003 at 22:40:07:

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum since I don't plan to do any 'collecting' but I figure collectors are probably the best ones to ask this question. I'm heading to South Florida (Palm Beach to Miami) in about a week for a vacation with my wife. I am an avid (though novice) photographer and snakes are my favorite subjects. The problem is that my wife is not the best sport when it comes to looking for these types of subjects and tires quite easily (we're both not quite in our prime so to speak). What I'd like to know is some really good spots where hopefully we won't have to spend all day looking. I know not many people like to post exact spots, but if you would be so kind you can email them to me directly. State parks are okay, although sometimes it takes a fair amount of what they might see as 'harassing ' and quite a few shots to get snakes to pose correctly. What I really would like to 'shoot' are the ratsnakes, kingsnakes, and the smaller rattlesnakes. Any help would be very much appreciated, the faster we get the shots the happier my wife will be (don't get me wrong, I love her dearly). Thank you collectors,
Henry Curtis- pinkelephant_39@hotmail.com

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]