kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I'll ask DFG for a clarification

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by Aaron on April 26, 2003 at 00:40:11:

In Reply to: I'll ask DFG for a clarification posted by herpmaineiac on April 25, 2003 at 21:46:22:

:I'll Double check with Lt. Schwall in Sacramento. I'm not trying to intimidate you, I'm trying to give people a heads up, these departments are looking for ways to make up for the budget shortfall. I do hope some of the poachers I met in the past 13 months are seeing this because they are screwing the rest of us.

: CA PENAL CODE SECTION 602(j) [purpose to injure]
:prohibits entry on to any land whether open to the public or not for the purpose of injuring any property or property rights or with the intention of interfering, obstructing, or injuring any lawful business or occupation carried on by the owner, owner's agent, or person in lawful possession.

:I think tearing up habitat (rock formations, logs, etc) is considered injuring the property owner's rights. Even the removal of animals off the property could be considered injury.

:If you are one of the good guy's and have felt intimidated I'm really sorry.

No hard feelings, I think some newbies may be a little afraid to snakehunt. I don't break rocks, I only move them and then put them back. I also pass up good rocks that look like they would be too heavy to put back. I'm not aggessive to find a zonata nowadays anyway, I've found many already. I still haven't hunted for zz and would like to catch one someday but the only z I would collect would be a SLO county or other range extention and then I would probably give it to the researcher I know who is permitted to work with them. But they are common snakes once you know when, where and how to find them and I think there should be a YEARLY bag limit of 4 and like Cal Kings they should allow them to be commercially bred with a license. The prohibition is keeping the market undersupplied by the out of staters who do not live in the appropriate climate to captive produce them and the resulting artificially high value is more incentive than anything for poachers to come here knowing they won't be back and just leave the spots trashed to get as many as they can.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]