Online/Stores/Expos - LLLReptile.com
News & Events:
Posted by san_antonio_tx on March 29, 2003 at 17:00:50:
Seemed like a perfect day for urban herping.
Got an early start as I planned to check my
favorite spot first, then on to scout some new
areas. The scouting for new areas turned out
to be a pretty good idea. Not what you would
expect by looking at the place, but there were
snakes out the wazoo.
Totals for the day were pretty respectable.
(1) Gastrophryne olivacea (Great Plains Narrowmouth Toad)
(2) Cnemidophorus sexlineatus (Six-lined Racerunner)
TMTC Sceloporus olivaceus (Texas Spiny Lizard)
TMTC Scincella lateralis (Ground Skink)
(5) Crotalus atrox (Western Diamondback Rattlesnake)
(1) Lampropeltis getula splendida (Desert Kingsnake)
(1) Masticophis flagellum ( Western Coachwhip)
(1) Salvadora grahamiae (Texas Patchnose Snake)
(3) Tantilla gracilis (Flathead Snake)
(5) Thamnophis marcianus (Checkered Garter Snake)
(1) Thamnophis proximus (Red Striped Ribbon Snake)
(Over 40) Virginia striatula (Rough Earth Snake)
The Red Striped Ribbon.
He thinks He is Bad!
The First Atrox
The Second atrox. A little bugger.
Oops, I didn't expect to find this!!
Oh boy, they are getting bigger....
Even bigger, and now in pairs.....