kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You are right to a point....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by Jeff Schofield on March 22, 2003 at 15:00:57:

In Reply to: Re: SO..........let me get this straight... posted by snakeguy88 on March 22, 2003 at 13:45:54:

Field guides do describe habitat and far too often people will be looking for SPOTS instead of areas--spots require "work"in the field. There is never a substitute in trying to help someone find snakes in their own area. I encourage everyone to do the legwork and find your own "spots". Once you do you understand that you dont give em up online. I recently posted that I am to be in Charleston,SC for time enough to do some hunting and what AREAS were worth looking at...say a direction from the city--or a route ##. Yes, I could likely look it up on a map and make several fruitless treks before I would find the area anyway...but this saves time without giving away any secrets. As far as story tellers....most have graduated to another forum for one reason or another. Its too bad because despite whatever greivances there were its not them but the community that will suffer in their absence. Part of the idea for the forums to begin with would have to be differing opinions not the monoculture that its leaning towards. J

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]