kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

While we are on the Rodent blocks/ dog food subject....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by woodheadd on May 11, 2003 at 21:25:44:

In Reply to: While we are on the Rodent blocks/ dog food subject.... posted by Kevin Ray on May 09, 2003 at 18:56:37:

:I have been feeding my rats just lab blocks and they are doing well. I have read that on only blocks they will not get enough protein and turn canibilistic. This has not happened yet and I dont want it too. Also I am going through 100#s of blocks a week and it is expensive.

:My question is to all of you you feed mixtures. I want to make up a mixture and keep it in a large container ( garbage can. What do you mix? Please be a little specific. How much protein in the dog chow? I am thinking dog food, sunflower seeds and some sort of grain feed from the feed store, I figure I can make about 150#s for the price of 50#s of blocks. What do you guys recommend?

:Thanks for all the help,

:Kevin

some cheap seeds are cracked corn,whole oats,rolled oats,sunflower seed,you could ad some hog chow,rabbit pellots,theres lots of good stuff you can get from feed stores in 50 pound bags

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]