kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Lesson I learned for a beginner breeder!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by kylle345 on April 08, 2003 at 16:46:18:

If you kept up with my post, you would know that my female gave birth yesterday to an unknown number of pinkie rats. Before this, I was constantly checking on the female to try and witness birth taking place, and to check on it because its vagina was bleeding about 6 hours earlier. Well here is the sad part! The second last time i went to check on it, it was already eating its first pinkie. She looked me in the eye whiling chewing its own flesh and blood! From then on, I stopped checking on it and waited until the next morning to count how many potential snake feeders there were. The next day (final check), there was no pinkies alive, only 3 dead ones and the female rat was about the same size as before because it was full of the rats, which gave it her pregnant size.

So the lesson I learned from this was to........NEVER PEEP ON THE RAT!!!

Thanks to all who relied in the earlier post..

Kyle

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]