kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more
return to main index
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Helix Controls
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Tortoise . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Charlotte - Dec. 16-17, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Baton Rouge - Dec. 16-17, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - Dec. 16, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  All Ohio Reptile Show - Dec. 16, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Kentucky Herp Society Meeting - Dec. 17, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  All Cleveland Reptile Show - Dec. 17, 2017 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Jan. 03, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Jan. 04, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Reptile Super Show Los Angeles - Jan. 06-07, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Fort Lauderdale - Jan. 06, 2018 . . . . . . . . . . 

Lesson I learned for a beginner breeder!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by kylle345 on April 08, 2003 at 16:46:18:

If you kept up with my post, you would know that my female gave birth yesterday to an unknown number of pinkie rats. Before this, I was constantly checking on the female to try and witness birth taking place, and to check on it because its vagina was bleeding about 6 hours earlier. Well here is the sad part! The second last time i went to check on it, it was already eating its first pinkie. She looked me in the eye whiling chewing its own flesh and blood! From then on, I stopped checking on it and waited until the next morning to count how many potential snake feeders there were. The next day (final check), there was no pinkies alive, only 3 dead ones and the female rat was about the same size as before because it was full of the rats, which gave it her pregnant size.

So the lesson I learned from this was to........NEVER PEEP ON THE RAT!!!

Thanks to all who relied in the earlier post..

Kyle

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]