kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Baby ball python escape.. but found :) hints/floor grates..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]

Posted by catsngeckos on February 28, 2003 at 15:11:41:

Heh, Tiombe, my little female BP, escaped last night when *stupid me* didn't push the tank far enough into the rack. Weird part is, we found her rather quickly, 6 feet away from the tank (the room is snake-proof, no way she can get out of it) and 8 feet below it, curled up inside one of those zippered notebooks that was unzippered.

Basically she had to crawl up to get out, then make her way down to the ground (its a rack system, so I'm not sure if she 'fell' down or slid down somehow) then crawled the 6 feet and crawled up 3 feet over a pile of boxes and blankets, then ended up in the notebook, which was under the blankets.

My poor b/f was all freaked last night (herp-phobic) and was trying to help me find her, when he picked up the notebook and accidentally dumped her into the pile of towels under it.

Ah well at least we found her, she'd been out for at least an hour. She wasn't hurt or anything-put her right back into the tank and fixed the errant piece of felt on the bottom that apparantly stopped the tank when I pushed it back into the rack.

Oh, BTW if anyone has grates in their floor and doesnt want their snakes getting thru them, what I did was take a piece of mesh (like the kind used in small fishing nets) and slid it over the bottom of the grate. Keeps anything from getting into the heating system-and keeps ickies from getting into the room (like too much dust, etc.)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]