kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

kinda funny escape story of another kind...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]

Posted by Andy on January 15, 2002 at 17:05:15:

normally everyone loses a snake, lizard, or occasionally a turtle or tortoise. Well in all my years of keeping herps which is about 10 years since I'm only 15 I have only one kind of herp escape...an African bullfrog haha. It may sound funny, and now that I look back at it is kinda. I bet I get the award for slowest herp to escape. This was a small african bullfrog, 3.5 inches at most. It was 11:00, I was tired, but the little guy just decided he HAD to use the bathroom. So I walk into the room and the whole place reeks. I put him in the "changing box" which was the kind of box you get when you buy live mice or small animals from a pet store. He managed, in the 5 minutes I was gone, to successfully use all of his weight to push through the end of the box, and the box was placed unfortunately on a dresser. So I was freaking out. This was my most expensive frog yet(payed $75 for him as a 2 inch baby). We searched to whole room over, and it wasn't until 3 in the morning after a whole night of me freaking out and my mom afraid it would somehow "magically" get into my brother's hamster cage lol that i found him. He had wedaged himself into a small corner under the dresser where he could not be seen unless the whole dresser was physically moved out. Luckily his digging instinct kicked in and the sound of the hard plate on the back foot against the wood alerted me. I was laughing when we found. Now he is about 6 inches long and growing quickly. Kinda dumb and strangely hilarious lol.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]