kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by tj on April 26, 2003 at 15:29:31:

In Reply to: Pathetic?????... posted by herboyracer on April 25, 2003 at 18:41:24:

Since you live in NY, do you have your venomous reptile license? I know you have some form of crocodilian, and no permit for them, I'm just curious if the same goes for your hots.
I'm just curious, because you feel you are well learned in the keeping of venomous snakes. You don't need to reply to me, I already know the answer.

:i think i might be a good example in that type of case also...i am very recent into the ownership of venomous snakes...you can probably scroll down a few months ago and see people trying to talk me out of getting venomous...but what did i do...read read read...and although other might have reccommended me not to...i felt i was ready to get some...although i started with green vines...so they dont really count...but my second was a decent sized female monocled (a tad over 4')...it could have been a deadly mistake...but i think that you can read all you want...you can be told anything and everything...BUT...the only real way to know what you are doing is to do it...although i know that monocleds arent particularly good beginner snakes due to their decent size range and usual bad temperment...its nothing compared to the stupidity of getting a black mamba as their first hot snake...i practice AS SAFE of keeping as possible...i keep my naja in a locked cage that is boldly marked "venomous keep out"...but the ability and knowledge to own venomous is a relative thing really...personally i think that i am well learned in the keeping of venomous reptiles...although granted...i dont know everything and im sure that none of you know "everything"...but there are some people that should just not own venomous...and they are the only people who know that for sure...but im sure...as with every other thing...they will be the ones to make dumb mistakes and get bit...and wind up paying the price for that...reptile keeping should be INTELLIGENT (learning everything possible) SAFE (to your self and those around you) and most of all RESPECTFUL (to the animals)...this should apply to all animals but venomous in particular...because your first venomous snake could be your last...

:christopher mchale

:my first post was my two cents...

:this was worth at LEAST ten bucks...

:heres my naja kaouthia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]