kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hey Ray, Ive just named a new sp too....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by Jeremy G on October 30, 2002 at 07:13:00:

In Reply to: Taipans, Taipans, Taipans and more intensive research... posted by rayhoser on October 30, 2002 at 04:01:08:

Its called Raymoronica hoserposeri! Im affraid however that my newly classified sp is a sad, miserable excuse for a life form and is very close to extinction. I have considered collection of the only known specimen, with hopes of donateing it to a zoo for posible breeding projects but im affraid the homosexual tendancies of this very bizare creature all but make sure the sp will never produce in captivity or otherwise. Plus, the zoo said it was way to fugly to be put on display! Being the discriber of of this new sp, I cant say I blame them.

Well Ray, i hope you enjoy my new sp! I fallowed all of your guide lines. Did I do a good job?!?!?!?!

All the best Ray! Ha!

J

:Just scanned a post by my fiercest critic, David Williams and he said he was engaged in "intensive" research into Taipans.
:That one really stumped me.
:Myself and others would be keen to know the details of this alleged research, bearing in mind that in terms of husbandry it seems Brian Barnett covered all that in his paper a few years back, and in terms of taxonomy, all the known variants are named.
:Is this a "porky pie" like the Lock Ness Pseudechis from New Guinea, or is there substance to this "intensive" research claim.
:Please fill us in.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]