kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Death Adder Taxonomy - new taxa named - paper - see post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by rayhoser on October 30, 2002 at 01:26:57:

It's amazing how the mere mention of my name seems to send some certain noisy people into a fit of rage and anger, and shouts of "nomen nudem" and "hey, you stole my snake, I was gonna name it".
Anyway, I won't sink to making lots of false and baseless allegations, and to Paul, Scott, Neil, and others with decency don't lose any sleep over my detractors, because they will always out post you and make more "noise".
Anyway, with reference to the comment below about Raymond Hoser and the weather forecast and hot air, er, well, Brian Barnett, the bald fat Mr. Taipan breeder used to always say the same thing about me and called me cyclone Raymond Hoser at all the herp meetings!
But he meant it in a friendly sense (I think??)
And when there's lots of hot air about, there's lots of Death Adders, and where there's death adders, I tend to stick around.
Which gets me to the purpose of this post.
That's to follow-on from Neil's comments about my Adder paper and make it more widely known in accordance with the relevant provisions of the ICZN's code.
It came out a while back and formally identifies and names several new taxa, including from Islands to Australia's north and others from within Australia proper.
Happy in the knowledge that my last lot of species and subspecies descriptions appear to have stood the test of independent scientific scrutiny, I am sure that long after the predictable howls and boos have died down, this latest group of taxa will continue to be identified as named in this latest paper.
The paper in question is titled:
Death Adders (Genus Acanthophis): An Updated overview, including descriptions of 3 New Island species and 2 New Australian subspecies.
And was published in:
Crocodilian - Journal of the Victorian Association of Amateur Herpetologists September 2002, pages 5-11,16-22,24-30, front and back covers.
It's URL is at:
http://www.smuggled.com/addtax3.htm
All the best

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]