kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Agreed!!!...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by Jeremy G on October 17, 2002 at 13:24:56:

In Reply to: Pretty rotten of them to give his address. posted by MsTT on October 17, 2002 at 12:19:55:

That was very, very wrong of the press to expose Chad to the public. He isnt a criminal and has done nothing wrong(except getting nailed which dosent hurt anyone but himself). You usualy see addresses in the paper from people who have been indicted by the Grand Jury, not bitten by their pet! He is perfectly legal were he is and I too am disgusted by the press for such seemingly illegal activities. However, I know in several other articles regarding keepers being bitten were they also listed the address, as was the case with Tim Freid's bite write up. I wonder if this is something they can do when they feel like or if they have to have premission? I hope Chad looks into it!

As for his condition, after speaking with a good freind of his, it seems he is well on his way to recovery! Though I belive he did experince some neruological symtoms from the bite, they were reversed quickly with AV and besides alittle swelling around the bite site, he is fine. BTW, it was a D.jamesoni that nailed him I belive.

Welp, that all I know right now. Hopefully, when feeling up to it, Chad comes here and explains the senario first hand, rather then me giveing second hand information:-)

Wishing him the best!

Later,
J

:Has the concept of a reasonable right to privacy ever entered the minds of these reporters? I've known several people locally who have had their rare and expensive snake collections burglarized or have been harrassed because their address got into the hands of the wrong people. If I was Chad I'd sue. Reporting on the story is one thing, gratuitously printing his address is something else. There is just no reason to do that and it adds nothing to the story except to expose a private citizen to needless risk and harrassment.

:Anyhow here's to hoping he makes a full recovery.

:Annoyed at the press,

:TT

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]