he gone to college to get that degree and has been able to skip ahead of after certain tests were given. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by a friend of Frank B's on August 12, 2000 at 18:53:25:

In Reply to: sour grapes? posted by Chris on November 27, 1999 at 00:18:11:

: Maybe you are missing the big point...it really has nothing to do with being qualified or unqualified, but as a previous respondent stated your qualifications are unique and different. The bottom line and fact of life is that most of the biology positions REQUIRE a college education, and in most cases require a masters or Ph.D. degree. So why whine about it....if you are only 42 I would say go get a degree and reapply for those jobs you said you were qualified for (plenty of sources of funding available). And, as a herpetologist and herpetoculturist (with a Ph.D.), I would be very cautious to make a statement that you know more than most herpetologists with a Ph.D.....they (believe it or not) likely have a much more indepth knowledge of all areas of science, not just herpetology, that can be used to tackle all aspects of herpetology (not just the knowledge required to clean a cage!). I am not putting you down in the least bit as I know of some awesome "herpetologists" that do not have a college education yet (in my opinion) may know more about the captive care requirements of various reptile taxa than most university herpetologist. Just my thoughts and I hope that your plethora of herp experience can be used to enlighten the scientific community.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]