return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

need some help with a teaher who does not take are of herps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by paul on July 24, 1999 at 02:55:52:

I have adopted for the summer a milk that my bio teacher kept. Here is the setup he uses for a 4 foot honduran-
A 50 gallon wood tank with no heating. I am using a lamp by clamping the cage over th lamp wire to get it inside the cage. It provides some heat, at least.
Gravel that had not been cleaned in two years. It is thrown out, and I am using reptile carpet.
He never fede the thing(I had an order of 200 hoppers that was supposed to last me a year, but I am feeding him 5 on feeding day.They are ever growing less.
Now, how do I get him to change his husbandry? I will be taking him my junior year for AP(college level, hard enough w/out bitter teacher), so nothing that will piss him off to much. He has a problem with arrogance,, so it cant be to acuusatory. Maybe I could buy it? If so, how to broach the subject? I might be able to get mom to pay for it even, since it is in such bad care with him.
I need help form teachers, since they might know howw to talk to one of their own.
The milk had not had a cpmpleat shed all year under his care. It hadone about a month ago, all nice and neat, finally. Some of the last piecemeal shed was still on when he did that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]